Skilled Nursing Care
Our fully licensed, on-site Creighton Center offers exceptional skilled nursing care, should you ever need it, for as long as you need it.
We understand that the needs of our residents are unique and we offer additional services to meet their needs. These include assistance with the following:
- Bathing and showering
- Grooming, including assistance with hair and teeth brushing
- Dressing, clothing selection and orientation
- Physical assistance with meals
- Toileting and incontinent care
- Transferring assistance to and from bed to chair or wheelchair
- Mobility—assistance with walking or use of a wheelchair
Collington offers an unmatched level of quality and inclusive nursing care:
- Recuperative, rehabilitative and long-term skilled nursing care
- Licensed, registered nurse on staff around the clock
- Staff tenure averaging five to seven years (much higher than the industry average), with many on staff at Collington 10 years or more
Collington’s Health Center is recognized as a 5-Star- Best Nursing Home by U.S.News & World Report. The ranking data is provided by the Centers for and Medicaid Services.
The Chesapeake is our long-term care unit and is approved to participate in Medicare and Medicaid programs. Our interdisciplinary staff strives to meet individual goals and overall health while offering an environment that is enriching in activities and socialization. The Center has the services of a full-time Medical Director and a dedicated team of professional personnel and geriatric specialists.
The Shenandoah is our short-term unit and offers a specialized physical rehab program for our homeward bound patients. Each patient is evaluated by our team of highly trained physical, occupational, and speech therapists working with our nurses so that we can provide personalized therapy regiments and medical care. Available services include:
• Daily vital signs • Medication monitoring
• Nutrition Management • Lifestyle modification
• Necessary testing such as labs, EKG, and x-ray
• Social Services/Discharge Planning
Collington also charges additional fees for medical supplies and ancillary services. These are charged at the prices in effect at the time of use. Escort services provided by Collington will be charged at the rate of $25 per hour; Private duty nursing costs are based on the individual contracts. Other fees may be charged, depending on the services or items provided. A list of the most common ancillary service charges is available upon request.
You will be billed directly by Comcast if you decide to receive premium cable service. You will be billed $30/month by Collington for local private telephone service. If you elect not to have a telephone in your room, you will not be charged this fee. If you choose to have long distance service activated, these charges will be billed to you at the prevailing rate.
A late charge of 1.5% per month will be applied to any charges or fees due to Collington under the Per Diem Admissions Agreement which are not paid timely. We will not notify you in advance of assessing late fees to your account.
The Health Services Staff would like to invite you to attend Care and Service Plan Conferences to coordinate and understand the care provided to you or your relative. We will let you know in advance when these conferences are scheduled and value your participation.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact our Health Services Admissions Coordinator at (301) 883-4773.