Creating community for older adults and all they care about inspired by their vision for purposeful lives.
The Collington Vision
Collington’s vision is to thrive as a community of people living, working and serving together, bringing alive a spirit of collaboration, generosity and mutual respect in our relationships and decision-making. We will be a leader and exemplary contributor to the vitality of the larger community, the sustainability of the environment and an innovator in serving older adults. We believe successful delivery of the Collington experience must include seamless integration of health and wellness services, strong financial and operational performance, empowerment of residents, staff and board members and continual dedication to the pursuit of better ways.
- Deliver Excellence in Health
- Enrich Collington Culture & Stakeholder Engagement
- Steward Our Resources to Provide Excellence in the Collington Experience
- Serve Our Broader Community as an Outstanding Leader & Partner
Collington, as an affiliate of the Kendal System, has a shared set of values. In carrying out our mission, our primary objective is to establish and maintain integrity and excellence in all aspects of our work.
- To Enhance the Quality of Life and Vitality of Those We Serve and to Foster a Sense of Community – treating each person as a valued individual and in an atmosphere of mutual respect and caring
- To Promote an Environment of Continuous Learning – encouraging lifelong growth for staff, community members, boards, and volunteers
- To Encourage and Welcome All People – without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law, to live in our communities and to serve on our staff and boards
- To Provide High-Quality Wellness Programs and Health Care Services – treating each person with dignity
- To Provide Physical Settings That Are Sensitive To the Aging Process – and that enhance the quality of life, security, and wellness
- To Foster a High-Quality Work Experience For Staff – recognizing that Kendal must be a good place to work if we are to offer good places to live and to provide high-quality services
- To Take Responsibility in the Larger Community – maintaining extensive and mutually supportive relationships and sharing our resources and experience
- To Engage in Practices That Sustain and Improve Our Environments – and our planet
- To Maintain Integrity and High Ethical Standards – in everything that we say and do
- To Employ Financial Designs that Contribute to Security and Serve Our Social Objectives – to make our services and communities affordable, to the extent possible, to a range of economic capabilities
- To Take An Active Role in Aging Issues – through professional dialogue, research, public policy, and other means, thereby contributing to improved services for all older people
- To Strive for Excellence in Management and Governance – seeking and developing board and staff dedicated to our mission and values, and building partnerships with those we serve
- To Value Participation, Transparency, and Consensus-Building – by nurturing careful listening and effective decision making
- To Continue to Grow – by engaging in ongoing evaluation and staff development, and by seeking and responding to new opportunities to further our mission
- To Foster a Culture of Generosity – encouraging and developing full use of our time, talent, and resources
Request A Brochure
Discover a dynamic environment that promotes lifelong learning, nurtures wellness and supports personal fulfillment. Explore all our community has to offer.
Schedule A Tour
Looking for a vibrant retirement community that fits your active lifestyle? Join us for a visit to explore our 125-acres bucolic campus with miles of walking trails, a lake, hilltop garden, outstanding amenities and more.