The Arbor at Collington
The Arbor at Collington is specifically designed for residents with Alzheimer’s or other memory-related challenges. Our memory support neighborhood is designed to provide a safe and secure environment that helps each resident reach their highest potential.
- Private and semi-private suites
- Two country kitchens where residents enjoy neighborhood meals and participate in small group activities
- Large gathering areas, craft room and beauty shop
- Garden area provides a secure, outdoor environment
- PT/OT/Speech services (under your Med-B coverage)
- Physician/Nurse Practitioner / rotation five days a week coverage to afford by side care for changes in physical or mental status
- 24-hour overnight wake staff
- RN Freestanding shift supervisor coverage
- Personalized assistance is always provided for residents to explore the facility, go to the pool, beauty shop, bank, Bistro and more.
Did you know that music can be considered medicine for the mind?
Music has been shown to have positive effects on a person’s well-being. It can reduce stress and anxiety, prevent rising blood pressure, and decrease the experience of pain. These health benefits are even greater in seniors, from improving physical health to helping those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Listening to or playing music can greatly improve seniors’ quality of life, and that’s exactly what the partnership between Collington and the University of Maryland College of Music aims to do.
A New Robotic Friend Joins the Arbor at Collington
A new resident recently joined Collington’s memory care neighborhood and he’s caught everyone’s attention. He spends his days curled up, being stroked along his back, and letting out the occasional purr. But this new resident isn’t what you might think, it’s actually a realistic animatronic pet. The resident and her robot cat are nothing short of stars around the memory care neighborhood. Transitions for memory care residents can be difficult, but with the help of the cat, they were able to successfully adjust her to her new environment while also helping the other residents in the process.
Request a Brochure
Explore Memory Care at Collington. View our brochure to learn more about how our services adapt to the needs of our residents and learn how we can help meet the needs of your loved one.