February 5, 2021
Consider The Risks
Changes to Deliveries
- Beginning Monday, June 22nd– deliveries may return to normal operations.
- Working on putting up new plexiglass at the ClockTower desk for Vern to return.
- Please remember that it is recommended to wash down packaging and to wash your hands after touching.
- Touchless delivery is the best!
Changes to Transportation Services
- Beginning Tuesday, June 23rd, transportation to medical appointments will resume.
- Please schedule your appointments in advance.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Use hand sanitizer if possible.
- Vehicles will be disinfected in between riders.
- Transportation to other areas is still paused at this time.
- Thank you to Barbara Anderson and fellow pickle ball players!
- Pickle Ball will return with Dr. Hennawi’s recommendation for playing.
- Please see the Courier for more information.
Resident to Resident Visitations
- Outdoor visitations are the lowest risk and most recommended way for residents to interact with each other.
- If residents wish to invite other residents in doors within their homes, it is recommended that residents have no more than 2 resident guests indoors at a time.
- In theory, it would be good if you brought your own items (drinking glasses, etc.) but we know this isn’t realistic.
- If you are indoors, all residents should wear a mask and practice 6 feet distancing.
Off Campus Engagements
- No security passes required.
- Curbside pick up is the lowest risk.
- Know what the restriction and what stage of reopening are in each county (https://governor.maryland.gov/recovery/)
- Masks must be worn inside all buildings.
- Factors that raise your risk: enclosed spaces, crowds, close contact with others, and difficulty social distancing.
- Maintain a journal of where you have been and who you’ve had contact with.
For More Information…
On Campus Visitors- Independent Living
- Most CCRCs in Maryland have not reopened to visitors on campus yet.
- Because we are out of the outbreak phase of the virus, we are working on a plan and logistics to begin allowing visitors for Independent Living back on to campus.
- We will have an update on next week’s 972 announcement as to when this will begin but we believe this will be very soon!!
- What we do know:
- Visits will be for outdoor visits only.
- No more than 2 visitors per resident.
- Residents and visitors would need to both wear a mask and maintain 6 feet distance at all times.
On Campus Visitors- Creighton Center
- Maryland Department of Health has lifted restrictions on Assisted Living Facilities outdoor visitations- if no outbreaks.
- We are working on a plan to begin visitations for Assisted Living very soon.
- These visitations will occur outside, will be scheduled, both resident and visitor must wear a mask and maintain 6 feet distance at all times.
- Maryland Department of Health has not lifted restrictions on visitation for Skilled Nursing Facilities (Our Chesapeake and Shenandoah neighborhoods).
- This program is concluding this week.
- During the last 12 weeks, 10 team members provided support and check-in calls/emails to over 303 households!
- This was such a great show of teamwork, as we had volunteers from marketing, finance, human resources, facilities, administration, philanthropy and resident services participating.
- We wish you well and please reach out if you need anything!
- Salon is now OPEN!
- Call extension 2226 for an appointment
- Hours: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday from 9 AM to 3 PM
- Due to Maryland Department of Health restrictions for Creighton Center, service is limited to Independent Living residents only
- Only one resident per stylist at a time
- Thank you to Barbara Fairchild and all the library volunteers.
- On June 23 the library with reopen.
- Similar to the Country Store carry out service. Residents will not be able to enter the library.
- Call extension 7521 by 8pm to request books.
- Look for more information in the Courier.
Carryout Meal Service in the Main Dining Room
- All residents must wear a mask for the safety of others residents and staff.
- If residents refuse to wear a mask, we ask that you stay home and call x2135 for delivery
- Please use the hand sanitizer on the wall in the Ivy Bar
- Please use floor markers to keep 6 feet apart at all times
- All cottage residents: please use the marketing entrance instead of the clocktower entrance to get in line for the dining room
Sunday Brunch in the Main Dining Room
- 1st Floor, 2nd Floor, 3rd Floor, 1000’s, 1100’s and 1200’s will be able to pick up their brunch between 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- 2000’s, 2100’s, 2200’s, 3000’s, 3100’s, 4000’s, 4100’s, 4200’s, 5000’s and 5100’s will be able to pick up their brunch between 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Residents will choose either the breakfast menu or the daily menu once they get to the buffet.
Outdoor Dining in the Courtyard
- Beginning Thursday June 18th, 2020, we will begin offering outdoor dining in the courtyard (weather permitting).
- Residents can reserve tables in the courtyard to dine during their assigned meal period. The reservation will last the duration of that meal period and not to conflict with another.
- To reserve a table during your meal service, please call extension 2135. A team member will call you back to confirm your reservation or suggest an alternate date.
- Residents are asked to keep their masks on until they have exited the main dining room doors and are not required to wear a mask when seated at the table and enjoying their meals.
- There will be no wait service provided, however team members will be available to disinfect tables in between use and bus tables as needed. All team members will be wearing a mask during this task. Tables have been set up 6 feet apart and seating at each table will be limited to 6 persons.
- We will have sanitation stations available for residents that want to be able to disinfect and bus their own tables