Senior Living So Close to Washington & Baltimore
Country Living …
Located conveniently just outside of the Capitol Beltway—Collington occupies 125 acres tucked away behind a private, gated entrance. Once part of an 18th century country estate known as “Heart’s Delight,” Collington’s senior living community campus offers a peaceful wooded setting where you’ll enjoy these on-site features:
- Collington Walking Trails—nearly four miles of woodland trails and paved walkways.
- Wildlife—more than 150 species of birds, deer, foxes and more.
- Collington Lake— is a 6 acre lake which is stocked for fishing and enjoyed by all.
- Gazebo—on the boardwalk at Collington Lake.
- Dog Park—a favorite gathering spot for our canine residents.
- Hilltop Garden—vegetable and herb garden with plots tended by residents.
- Raised Gardening also available along with our Greenhouse.
- Collington is also a haven for golfers, with more than 10 courses within 10 miles of our community.
… Close to the City
Collington is just eight minutes from the New Carrollton Metro Station, with complimentary door-to-door shuttle service to the station every hour from our community. Just hop on the Orange Line servicing the following stops:
- 19 minutes to Capitol South
- 25 minutes to Federal Center
- 27 minutes to L’Efant Plaza
- 28 minutes to Smithsonian
- 29 minutes to Federal Triangle
- 30 minutes to Metro Center where you can transfer to Judiciary Square, China Town, Union Station, Arlington National Cemetery, the Pentagon, University of Maryland and many D.C. suburban areas such as Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Silver Spring, Rockville, Fairfax (VA), Arlington (VA) and Reagan Washington National Airport.
- 35 minutes to Foggy Bottom, Georgetown
You can also board Amtrak at the New Carrollton Station for convenient access to Philadelphia, New York City and all points northeast and Richmond and all points south.
If you choose to drive, Collington is just two miles from the Capital Beltway (I-495/I-95), giving you easy access to many area attractions. Following are some of those attractions and approximate driving times:
- 30 minutes to Historic Annapolis
- 45 minutes to Chesapeake Bay and the Bay Bridge
- 45 minutes to Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
- 22 minutes to National Harbor
- 10 minutes to FedEx Field (home of the Redskins)
- 25 minutes to Downtown Washington D.C.
- 5 minutes to Woodmore Towne Centre (including anchor stores: Wegman’s, Costco, JCPenney, Best Buy & Petco)
- 26 minutes to Old Town Alexandria, VA
- 32 minutes to Arlington, VA
- 40 minutes to Tysons Corner Mall, McLean, VA